Monday, March 23, 2009

Crazy Week of Madness!

Here is a glimpse of our crazy week in the Jordan Household! We started out relatively nice, the kids and I went to the park and enjoyed being outside.



I had the week all lined up and scheduled. Trying to arrange schedules between my calling and JL's, the kids stuff, activities, work and play time has become an interesting task. So I had it all figured out for this week-that was mistake #1. On Wednesday our water heater failed. I was washing the dishes and the water was really hot. I went to go check on the water heaters thermostat and stepped into standing water in the laundry room, there was standing water in the garage and water was spraying out of the bottom of the water heater. Lovely! I had the kids run around the house grabbing all the towels they could find while I shut off the water and electricity to the water heater. Anyways long story short we had water in the office, hallway, food storage area, laundry room and all over the garage. The kids and I went to work moving everything around so I could suck up all the water. The really good part of this story is that the water heater was still under warranty for another 6 months! Yippee we have a new water heater for free! The problem is we had to drop everything and run up to Gilbert to pick it up. Then I had to go to my RS meeting. The next day was filled with trying to dry out the carpet, pad and drywall. JL had doctors appointment so I took the kids with me while I helped set up and put on our wards Enrichment Night. The next day was filled with more cleaning, drying and meetings.

This is what happens when you ask the kids to clean out their dressers so you can move them. They pull out all their clothes and pile them up. These clothes were originally piled up on the couch, but were eventually heaped in the middle of the living room.

This is where the bookshelves and dressers were. This is where all the food storage was.
When you move all that out it really is amazing how much you can squeeze into small areas.
We decided to take the kids and go to a free Air Show at Luke Air Force Base. Hoping to have a fun excursion and spend some time with the kids-they deserved it after being forced to deal with boxes everywhere and no time spent on them. We parked in the park and ride thinking it would be quick. We were way wrong on that idea. It took 2 hours once we parked to get to the Base. The Base was only a couple of miles away. They did not have things set up very well. We probably could have walked faster than riding the bus. We finally got to the show and the kids enjoyed watching the planes fly and looking in them.

Watching the planes do their stunts!
This picture is for Grandma! The kids in a search & rescue helicopter.
This pilot was awesome. He picked the kids up and told them all about his plane. Kaylynn actually talked to him. She told him her name, age and answered all his questions. He was the highlight of the Air Show.

Walking by the airplanes. Bus ride back to the car.
We then drove to Gilbert for Josh's B-day party.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH!!
Then we come to Sunday morning and Justin looks outside and says "Mom, I see dirt flying in the garden!" There was a gopher digging in our garden. I ran and got the hose, flooded out the little stinker and whacked it on the head and threw it in the garbage can. The kids loved every moment of this activity and proceeded to tell everyone at church what I did. I don't think killing a gopher is considered a good Sabbath activity. :) (I will refrain from posting pictures of this event.) :) The rest of Sunday was filled with meetings and church. Big Thanks to our friends the Nightingale's-they had us over for Sunday dinner which was a huge relief for me!! THANK YOU!!!
Which brings us to today which is filled with more cleaning and putting everything away.
All I have to say is smack me if I start saying that I am getting a handle on everything going on in our lives.

4 comments:

Ricci said...

Glad I could help!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you are subjecting your kids to airshows. Didn't you get enough of them when we were growing up :) I am sure mom would share the tapes and 8mm so your kids can watch hours and hours of airshows :) Kidding I love them as well. Congrats to JL for losing 100 lbs. And any time you need smacked I am here for you :)

Brooks Family said...

Hey! I came across an old Christmas letter from you guys and what do I find...a blog site. Ok, so it took me a year or two, but I finally see your fun blog! I have a blog too and am kidda hooked on the idea. Well its great to see what you guys are up to! - Brenda

Megan said...

Carrie,
I know this is unrelated to your post but I wanted to tell you how sorry I am about the passing of your Grandma... I wish I could have been at the service to see you, too bad we only make it back home for funerals and weddings. I want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hope to see you soon!
Megan