Well, life has been crazy and has taken our family to new and different places. I will try to catch you up on all the happenings.
The kids participated in a Primary Temple Service project in Sept. They helped spread mulch around all the trees. They did a wonderful job and had a blast doing it.
Justin and Kaylynn posing for a picture so they could each have a turn taking a picture. Great bribe to get kids to smile for pics if any wants to know. :)
Stake Temple Day. JL went in and did a session, so I brought the kids up later and did some work after JL was done. So the kids and I played on the Temple grounds until JL came out.
The kids are making "grass" angels! Since they have never been able to make a snow angel, this is the next best thing!
JL and I went with our good friends Jim and Kathie to Pinetop, AZ for Conference weekend. It was fun and these were the fall colors around the condo.
Then we got the news that JL was being laid off. We have spent a lot of time on the phone, computer, at offices trying to get unemployment and health insurance. All of which has come through thankfully. Since JL has been laid off I went back to Substitute Teaching full time. I am trying to take every job I can to help pay the bills. We have been blessed and have been able to make ends meet so far. All the thanks goes to our Heavenly Father for blessing our family and preparing our family for this time in our life.
Halloween 2009 - Justin is a rodeo clown and Kaylynn was a ladybug. JL created the costumes. He is way more creative than I am and doesn't know it yet, but he is going to be in charge of costumes from here on out! :)
Aunt Diane came for a visit in November. She stayed a week and probably went home and had to take a week to recoup from her visit here. Us adults didn't get to spend much with her. I was working and she ended up doing "daycare" for Kaylynn. Major blessing for that week!
We took the kids to Makutu's Island one night. It is a climbing place with slides. It took the kids a little bit to get comfortable climbing around and then they had fun. Would not recommend this place for pregnant and older women. I just about died. The climbing areas are not very big and Kaylynn had to have someone with her the whole time because she was too little to go by her self.
Kaylynn and Justin did not know what to do with themselves after Aunt Diane left. They realized that Mom and Dad are just not as fun. Thanks for the help Aunt Diane!!!
The Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk 2009
Grammy's team was Team Mammo Grammy. This is JL and Vance posing in their supportive shirts. Grammy, Aunt Analee and two other ladies did the walk together this year and they all did a great job.
I do not have any pictures of Thanksgiving this year. Justin was sick the first part of the week and then Kaylynn and I were sick on Thanksgiving. JL made all the desserts for the family dinner and had a great time coming up with his own version of pumpkin desserts. He and Justin had fun at the family dinner while Kaylynn and I tried to sleep off the yuckiness. We hope everyone else had a wonderful and fun filled Thanksgiving.



2 comments:
Carrie,
It is so good to hear how you are doing and about all your happenings! I'm sorry to hear that JL got laid off but am grateful to hear that you are still able to make ends meet. Doesn't it make you glad that you have a degree too and can help out when needed. Is JL going to try to do something with car restoration full time now? I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Glad you've enjoyed this holiday season so far!
I'm glad you updated! We've been thinking about you lots and hoping things will look up. Way to step up and fill in when needed. The pictures of the kids are adorable! We miss them! Keep thinking positive!
Post a Comment