Our spring garden is doing very good. We hope the extreme heat will hold off for a few more weeks, so we can have a good harvest. This is our first garden here in Arizona. Arizona is a funny place to have a garden. We actually have two gardening seasons-Early Spring and Late Fall. Right now we are growing sweet corn, cucumbers, squash, tomatoes, and carrots. The kids (and Mom) have throughly enjoyed this garden. We are always out there checking on the plants progress. It has become a daily routine to go look at the garden and make sure we have no weeds or pests on our plants. Justin and Kaylynn of course like to play in the mud and point out every little ant, bug or stick that is in the garden. We hope or expect to start harvesting within the next month!!
Justin's favorite is the corn. We have 10 cobs growing that we can see and there are still 5 plants left to start tasseling.
My favorite is of course the tomatoes. I can not wait to eat them right off the plants when we start harvesting.
I think JL's favorite is the cucumbers and squash because those are the "healthiest" plants in the garden.





2 comments:
Hey, your garden look fabulous. There is still snow on the mountians here and it is 50 today. We do have most of our garden planted though. It looks really good, and I agree with JL--yum on the cucumbers. I love them with vinegar, salt and pepper!!!
Wow that is impressive!!! You guys look great I feel like we have not seen each other in ages. But we are thinking of you and hope all is well! Miss you guys
Post a Comment