Friday, November 14, 2008

Lots to do...

We have been very busy. I am looking for a hole to climb in and hide from everyone and everything. The only problem is everyone in our family knows all my hiding spots. Oh well! I guess it will only make us stronger.
I have been substitute teaching at the night High school again. I like subbing every once in awhile. It keeps my perspective on what is really important and how blessed I am. Mom, you will be proud of me. I wrote up my very first student ever on Wed. He was one of your favorite types of kids that drove you nuts when you were working at the High School.
We have been busy gathering all the materials for the shed. We are trying to complete it by the end of Thanksgiving weekend. Cross our fingers!

My new anger management courses:
First:Working outside!!
I have also been working outside getting the landscaping up and running. It is time for reseeding the lawn so we can have winter grass. Time to plant the fall/winter garden, and time to replant other landscape plants that died during the summer heat.

We planted, leaf lettuce, snap peas, carrots, broccoli, flowers, head lettuce and spinach!

Second: Baking!
The kids and I made bread and JL helped us choose who to deliver them too. Justin loves taking treats to others and we have been trying to teach him that serving others is a great way to help yourself be happy.

I started these courses to help Justin. He has quite the temper and some days it seems like that temper runs for 24 hours. On those days we go outside and work, or we do service for others. I think it is working, but I will have to wait and see in the long run if he is actually understanding the concept.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm so jealous of your fall/winter garden! It looks wonderful. I love all the pictures, and I can tell you're keeping busy! Don't give up!