Saturday, November 15, 2008

Picacho Peak!

I took the kids to Picacho Peak State Park after we visited the Ostrich Farm. They are about a mile from each other. We went on several hikes and had a picnic. Justin had fun learning about all the animals and plants found in the park. It is a pretty place and covered with tons of cactus-go figure! ;) I was waiting for one of the kids to fall down and end up with cactus everywhere.
The first trail was a children's trail. It ended at this little cave. We had our picnic here and enjoyed the cool shade and the colors of the rocks.
I took about 10 of this picture and this is the only one that Kaylynn kept her eyes open for.
The next trail.
Taking a refueling break. Part of Picacho Peak is behind them. The tallest part of the peak is to the left in the picture.
We walked about 2 miles total at the park and I thought the kids would be tired. As it turned out I was the only one that was tired. The kids continued to run around crazy right up until bedtime. Next time I am going to take them on one of the long trails.

2 comments:

Amelia Smith said...

Hello! I found your blog :) This looks so fun, I can't wait till Audrey is a little older so we can do things like this. Elliott has his surgery! Did JL hit 100 pounds at a year?

Suzi said...

Hi Carrie, I stumbled onto your blog as well! I am glad to see you did some trails at Picacho as we have been wanting to take our kids hiking there. I hiked the peak just a couple weeks ago, it was simply awesome, you'll have to come with us next time.